Due to budget constraints, Schlow is closed and the staff is on unpaid leave.
Closing the Library was a difficult decision for Schlow’s Board of Trustees. They apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.
By shutting down for one of the Library’s slowest weeks of the year, Schlow will save enough money to be able to provide full services to the community for the rest of 2014.
We look forward to seeing you when we reopen at noon, Monday, May 19.
• NO materials due - NO late fees charged
• All book returns closed – NO returns accepted
• No telephone inquiries
• No website access to Library services
Note: Centre County Library locations will be open regular hours.
• Schlow has lost more than $900,000 in state funding since 2008.
• Ask your state legislators and Governor Corbett to restore state funding for public libraries.
• Attend the Friends of Schlow Rally at noon, Tuesday, May 13, on the Library steps.
• Donate to Schlow — we appreciate your support!